In Q1 2022, we will work on the launch of our live website and further development of our product, which includes improvements to the user interface, dashboard, transactions overview and other reporting tools for data analysis and tax purposes. During Q2 2022, we will focus our efforts on growing our customer base with clear marketing strategies and KPIs that will help us achieve critical mass of paying customers. We plan to start our initial marketing strategy focusing on individual freelancers, offering the most competitive APY rates for holding their crypto with us and our partners.
Goal 1 (Q1) — Development of our website and capture of first customers.
- Starting of paper work for the legal establishment of our company.
- Improvements to the web-based platform for invoice generation.
Goal 2 (Q1) — Implementation of agile strategies for the further development of our product.
- Development of the user interface, dashboard, transactions overview, reporting tools for data analysis and tax purposes.
Goal 3 (Q2) — Execution of marketing strategies for critical mass of customers.
- By positioning our brand on social media and search engines.
- Partnering with provider of competitive APY return rates.
We have developed a 4 parts budget plan defined by specific Schedules for a total of USD $50,000.
Period: First half of Q1
Amount: USD 10,000
Description: During this stage, we will continue working on the technical development of the platform and the legal establishment of our company.
Period: Second half of Q1
Amount: USD 15,000
Description: This stage allows us to work on the further improvement of our platform including features such as dashboard, transaction reporting and data analysis.
Period: First half of Q2
Amount: USD 10,000
Description: During this stage, we will focus on the execution of marketing strategies that allow us to put our brand in front of our target audience.
Period: Second half of Q2
Amount: USD 15,000
Description: During this stage, we will work toward improving our offerings (such as our available countries, currencies, APY returns etc), by working with partners that help us become more competitive.
We were able to successfully test our initial prototype by winning the 1st place of the Start-up Weekend organized by Techstars and sponsored by Visa and Stellar. Currently, we do not have paying users, and in the medium and long term we are considering raising funds.
PROBLEM & SOLUTION
Nowadays, freelancers have the following issues when it comes to receiving payments for their work:
- Lack of alternatives for fiat payments
- High fees
- Delays in crediting days
- Lack of transparency in transactions
- Freelancers have to manually create their invoices
For Freelancers - A platform for freelancers to create beautiful invoices for requesting crypto payments in a simple, fast and cost-efficient way. This will translate in lower fees, faster crediting, and automation in the creation of invoices.
How do you use Stellar in your solution?
The Stellar Network will serve as the main protocol through which payments will be made to freelancers. Stellar works as the perfect payment rail that allows moving value cross-border without having to worry about high latency and costs, which are common in other protocols.
In the first stage will be freelancers:
- 75% of freelancers say that they wouldn't trade their freelancing job for other types of work.
- The most common type of freelance work is in skilled services, with 45% of freelancers providing programming, marketing, and other consulting services
- 48% of the U.S. workforce will be freelancers by the end of 2020
- 33% of Fortune 500 companies turn to freelance sites to outsource their work
- 90% of Americans are open to the idea of freelance work
- Source: https://ddiy.co/freelance-statistics/
- 50% of Gen Z workers freelance
- 65% of freelancers make more money than at their previous job.
- Fiverr is home to 830,000 freelancers. Fiverr’s revenue grew by 100% in 2021.
- Freelance platforms are expected to reach a CAGR of 15.3% during 2021–2026.
- Source: https://spendmenot.com/blog/freelance-statistics/
We have created 2 tiers of service, freelancers will pay a fixed amount per month:
- Tier 1 (FREE): 5 invoices/month, Mail support.
- Tier 2 (PAID): Unlimited invoices, Unlimited cryptocurrencies available, +X% APY on some performance protocol, Crypto to Fiat conversion, Reporting, Invoice customization, Recurring invoices, VISA Card
We will use the Freemium pricing model. We believe that this is the best option since we can attract freelancers with little money. Our competitors are companies and not freelancers. We believe that companies are a high barrier to entry, especially for crypto services like ours.
Below you will find a link to our current Sales Forecast:
Link to file: Sales Forecast
Below you will find a link to our current Financial Plan:
Link to file: FINANCIAL PLAN
INDUSTRY AND MARKET RESEARCH
- 58 million and counting, freelancing is poised to become the U.S. majority workforce by 2027
- Google’s workforce has more freelancers than permanent employees
- Freelancers are proving to be game-changers for SMBs
- Almost half of all businesses employ freelancers
- Work done by freelancers to more than double over the next 10 years
- The value of the global cryptocurrency market in 2019 was approximately $792.53 million. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 30%, reaching about $5,190.62 million by 2026. (Facts & Factors, 2021)
- Meanwhile, a more conservative estimate placed the global cryptocurrency market size at $754 million in 2019. It is forecast to grow to $1,758 million by 2027, at a CAGR of 11.2%. (Fortune Business Insights, 2020)
- In general, the value of global cryptocurrency markets increased by almost 900% in the period March 2020 to February 2021. (Knoema, 2021)
- However, the following year, this increased by about 78%. The recorded total volume of transactions in 2020 was almost $91.8 billion. (Crystal, 2021)
- Meanwhile, the blockchain technology market, which is a system closely linked to the proliferation of cryptocurrencies, is expected to reach $39.7 billion by 2025. (Markets and Markets, 2020)
- Furthermore, 60% of the total blockchain technology’s value is concentrated in the financial sector. (Markets and Markets, 2020)
THREATS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Explain how things like changes in government regulations, technology, the economy, and in your industry could affect your project or business. You can use a SWOT Analysis to identify your projects’s weaknesses and potential threats, as well as its strengths and the potential opportunities you plan to exploit.
- No borders for payments
- Lower transaction fees
- Automation of the process for freelancers
- Ease of transactional operations (VISA card purchases)
- Crypto industry is not well known by companies and individuals in general.
- Specific knowledge is needed to use crypto.
- Crypto industry in constant growth
- New industry
- Freelancer industry is growing more and more
- No intermediation with traditional banks
- Lack of adoption of cryptocurrencies.
- Lack of financing
- Early market entry
- Government legislation unfriendly to crypto
- High taxes on crypto holders
- Competitors in the traditional invoicing industry can enter the crypto market.
Competitors: We have competitors from both the traditional and crypto world:
Traditional invoicing (non crypto)
With respect to the competitors in the traditional world, which operate with fiat currencies, we have the following advantages:
- Lower fee
- Speed of transactions
- We do not retain the user's money
Crypto invoicing world
We differ from our competitors in the crypto world in the following ways:
- We will use the Stellar network, which is faster and cheaper.
- We will provide APY options to our paying users.
- We will provide VISA cards, so they can spend their money.
MARKETING AND SALES
In the first stage, we will attack the social networks Twitter and Discord, trying to generate a very large community of users. These are the networks where most crypto users and freelancers move and discuss. Our idea is to invite all of them to use our free subscription and then encourage them to climb in the different Tiers. We will go directly to the communities of the big protocols to attract their workers to try our service.